Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Charity Quilting...Military Quilts

We've had a big push this year in the guild for military quilts.  With so many of our soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and so many wounded warriors, we really wanted to make sure our community's heroes are recognized.  So we got to work...

You've already seen some of the quilts that I've made for Veterans this year, but I also volunteer to quilt and bind some like these...


I was also asked to teach a workshop for a quilt that would use 2.5" strips.  Of course, I couldn't just use 2.5" strips, I had to add in lots and lots of strings, too, and piece in anything else I could find into the backing...
And after the workshop, a very new quilter came up to me with all of her blocks and several that were cut off pieces and asked if I could do something with them.  Well, I squared them all up and got the top together and pieced everything else right into the back...


We are so thankful for our nation's protectors!

Heather

1 comment:

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!