Monday, August 11, 2014

New Sew-along!

Have you heard about the new Marcus Brothers "Friends & Companions" Sew-Along?  This complimentary sew-along is set up in a "block of the week" fashion presented over 10 weeks by various designers on their blogs.  It just began on August 1st...and already it's so much fun!  Grab the linky on my sidebar if you'd like to join in (the sooner the better - block #3 gets released on Friday)!
"Union Forever" Friends & Companions - Block #1
"Union Forever" was the first block pattern released by Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts.  It was a great block to work on, though it took a good amount of time to cut out all of the pieces!  Pam's directions were very easy to follow and were supplemented to lots of photos!
"Paula Barnes' Block" Friends & Companions - Block #2
Paula Barnes' Block was our block #2.  You may recognize her name as the co-creator of Red Crinoline Quilts.  Paula's directions were also great and supplemented by tons of photos.  She even provided a .pdf version to save for later if you don't have the time to work on your block right away!
Marcus Brothers "Friends & Companions" Sew-Along - Blocks #1& #2
So, here are my first two blocks together from weeks 1 & 2.  I can't wait to see what the remaining 7 weeks have in store (week 10 will be finishing instructions and the big reveal)!  Can you believe these detailed blocks will finish at a mere 8" in the quilt???  So fun!

Linking up to BOMs Away today!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting me, Heather! I'll enjoy watching your progress on this sew-along too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!