Monday, September 29, 2014

Design Wall Monday BOWs

Only one more week and this project will be off the design wall and ready to quilt up!  This is block #8 - Lisa's block, from the Marcus Brothers' Friends & Companions Sew Along.  The block was designed by Lisa Shepherd Stewart, Marcus Brothers' Marketing Manager.
Block 9, Marcus Brothers' Friends & Companions Sew Along
Here are all 9 blocks from the Sew Along...next week we'll get finishing instructions and I can hardly wait to quilt this little cutie up!  Notice the color differentiation in block 9 in both photos?  The photo below is actually more true to color.  And all of the blocks were made strictly from scraps...I didn't have to cut into so much as a FQ!  Hmmm...maybe I have too many scraps!!?!?
Marcus Brothers' Friends & Companions Sew Along:  Blocks 1-9
And...here's an update on my other long term Sew Along project, Women of the Bible hosted by Hoppin' Bobbin on Facebook.  This week, we made block #8, a 15" Girls' Favorite block representing Ruth.
Women of the Bible:  Block #8 - Ruth
So far, so good, I think.  I'm beginning to like the way the blocks are coming together.  Everything you see so far is strictly from my stash.  I'm not planning to purchase any new fabrics for this project either (with the exception of the backing later on).
Women of the Bible:  Blocks 1-8
Linking up to Design Wall Monday and BOMs Away!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Ruth's block is my favorite from that group. :) How fun to have all of the blocks done for the first group - I just love it when a BOM is ready to be assembled into a flimsy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!