Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Finishes!

Winding down another month and I have two more quilts completed.  I can't believe that in just 2 short months we'll be saying goodbye to 2014!

"Happily Ever After" began the month as a set of jewel blocks.  I set them together, floated with a white border and then a multicolored outer border.  I think it came out really cute, perfect for a couch cuddle quilt, so I gifted it to a friend's daughter on her wedding day!


Happily Ever After
68x76"
Quilting Design (Panto):  Holly's Hearts (Patricia Ritter, designer)

Charming Stars has been my leader & ender project for the last couple of months while joining in with Terri's Treasures sew along.  I began with Moda's Odds & Ends charm pack and the brown tone on tone for the stars really brought everything together!  


Charming Stars
74x74"
Pattern:  "Charming Stars" Moda Bake Shop (free pattern)
Quilting Design (Panto):  Double Rose Vine (Simple Quilting Stitches)

Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes, 52 Quilts, and the Charming Stars Sew Along.

Heather

4 comments:

  1. I love that you used a brown for your stars. Thanks for sewing along with us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilt are awesome. I love how the brown stars pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by!

    I love that star quilt - the fabrics you have chosen for the quilt are just perfect!!!!

    p.s. Don't give up on your youngest -- I had never touched a sewing machine in my entire life until I was around 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather11:32 AM

    Okay this is a little wierd - in a good way. Followed your link from MSQC forum and you and I not only have the same first name, but the same taste in fabric. I have a basic patchwork Odds N Ends waiting to be basted and I also have that paisley fabric in your happily ever after boarder. We have excellent taste, I must say. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!