Thursday, February 26, 2015

Puppy Quilts!

So excited to report a couple more finishes for this week (actually, these were technically finished last week, but I neglected to post!?!!?)!
Baylee & her new quilt "Visions of Nylabones"
My friend Debbie was here and she gifted me a pile of doggie prints a while ago.  I wanted to make a pair of quilts for the dogs to lay on in my sewing studio since they are always laying on the batting hung over the longarm or they jump on any chance to test out a quilt top that I'm measuring on the floor!  So, while Debbie was here, I paired my gifted fabrics with some from my stash and I got to work with a couple of "too easy" patterns that I thought it would be fun to just play with, ya know, just to say I had!
Baylee's Quilt "Visions of Nylabones"
Baylee's Quilt (back)
Baylee's Quilt, "Visions of Nylabones," is just a simple sticks pattern.  It was fun to just cut a bunch of rectangles and strips and piece this one together.  I got the idea from Debbie - my old MO guild did something similar as a block exchange last year!
Suki's Quilt "Treat Dreams"
Suki's Quilt (back)
Suki's Quilt, "Treat Dreams," is a Jelly Roll Race variation that I have seen using solid squares between the strips.  Again, it was fun to just play with an easy pattern on a small scale, just to say I've done a JRR.
Suki & her new quilt "Treat Dreams"
I quilted both quilts with a simple loopy meander in a green thread.  Both quilts incorporate most of the same fabrics (the greens are the only fabrics that are different in each quilt).  I used up just about every last bit of the puppy fabrics when I decided to use it up on the backs and bindings!  I love when that happens!

Linking up to Whoop Whoop and Link-A-Finish Fridays.

Heather

6 comments:

  1. These puppy quilts are so adorable! And the puppies look so happy on them!! What a sweet thing to make for them.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those puppies are saying thank you!! So sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable puppies and quilts but I bet they still lie on your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made quilts for your dogs! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I can't wait until someone uses one of my quilts for their dog or cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww - Puppies and Quilts! Love it. Your quilts are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!