Monday, August 17, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/17

Here's what's up on my design wall today...
Pinwheel (blocks on design wall)
These are my blocks for my version of "Pinwheel" by Pat Speth.  Remember my "Labor Day Madness" quilt?  Well, these two quilts can be made from the same charm packs (Pat calls them "nickels" aka 5" squares).  When creating units, you get a left side unit and a right side (bonus) unit.  Only one side gets used for "Labor Day Madness" and the units remaining can get used for "Pinwheel."  It's like make one get one free!!!

Anyway, I wasn't too keen on having 2 quilts from the same set of charm fabrics, so my friend, Debbie, and I decided to swap the leftover bonus units.  Our color schemes and fabrics could not be any more different - just what I was hoping!  Mine choice was "Lucy's Crab Shack" and "Reunion" by Moda - very bright, modern-ish, quirky and fun.  These are mostly from Holly Taylor's "Enchanted Pond" line - much more dark, serious, soft and comfortable.  I love both...I guess I just love fabric!!!

For fun stuff happening today in the blog-o-sphere, check out the link-ups on my sidebar!

  Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Please, just let me know you've dropped by!